Friday, May 28, 2010

TAKING ON THE GIANTS - WHAT PRICE PEACE ?

 
   
***********************************
NO PEACE WITHOUT JUSTICE  !
  Luke  18
***********************************
 
On November 5, 2009, I took one step out of my apartment door, my foot slipped in a pool of something sticky and my body went flying. I landed hard, screaming in agony,
 
I have fought for justice since I was a young teenager. In some cases, justice did come after a lot of frustration and effort. When you are young and healthy, it is possible to take on giants.
 
Since I was attacked and robbed on October 7, 1996, I have been fighting for justice day and night. http://dawnmcsweeney.blogspot.com.
 
Fighting for my life and for justice.
 
See Dr. Jerome Stasiak at http//phylliscartersjournal.blogspot.com.
 
Everything but the proverbial kitchen sink has been thrown in my way to prevent justice from being done. And still I fight.
 
These battles take all my energy and almost all my time. But it is a vital war against corruption and cruelty that I must fight.
 
On November 5, 2009, at approximately 2:00 P.M., I took one step out of my apartment door, my foot slipped in a pool of something sticky and my body went flying. I landed hard, screaming in agony,
 
The landlord's people had been laying carpet and no one told me that they were smearing wet cement in front of my door.
 
The carpet layers and janitor tried to get me to go back into my apartment, but I insisted on being helped to the lobby and placed on two chairs. The building manager tried to persuade me to take a taxi, but I needed an ambulance. The building manager said it would take hours for an ambulance to come. But I would not be intimidated. In considerable pain, I sat in the lobby by the elevators and waited for the ambulance. It didn't take very long.
 
I was covered in cement and they did not succeed in hiding me.
 
Two trips to emergency by ambulance, two trips at $40.00 each to return home in a wheelchair. Four days in emergency. I could not walk for three weeks. My trench coat, purse, shoes, slacks, socks and everything else I was wearing were coated in hard gummy cement. In a few days, my leg was purple and inflated like a balloon from my body to my ankle. No point in discussing the pain. My pelvis was fractured.
 
There was a witness, another friend took photographs and there are the hospital records
 
And I did not lodge a complaint against my landlord.
 
Yet ?
 
Why?
 
Because I dread a conflict with a powerful landlord. There has to be one place on earth where I can close my door and be quiet and feel relatively safe.
 
The landlord has the only other key to my apartment.
 
And because I always have to fight alone.
 
There is law in Canada, but there is no justice except for the rich and well-connected.
 
There is no peace -
 
NO PEACE WITHOUT JUSTICE. 
 
Luke 18: 1- 8
#
 

No comments: