Tuesday, July 20, 2010

THE SUFFERING IN DARFUR CONTINUES UNNOTICED

FACEBOOK
July 20, 2010
 
Between Philipp Marais and You
 
Phyllis Carter July 18 at 5:28pm
 
Could you write a very brief piece describing the situation from your point of view and post it on my page so I can share it?
 
Philipp Marais July 19 at 1:06am
 
I am not PR, so i am not actually allowed, but i can tell you, with the resent rains and renewed fights its not looking to good.
 
Phyllis Carter July 19 at 3:59pm
 
Thank you for writing. I can only imagine what you are seeing there. I think of Darfur often and I feel so helpless - and angry about what some human beings do to others. The Internet makes it possible for us to tell the world what is going on.
 
Philipp Marais July 20 at 2:15am
 
And for that i am so thankfull, because if not for that places like Darfur would go unoticed and people could still keep on killing other people and no one would ever know!!!!
 
Phyllis Carter July 20 at 1:36pm
 
Philipp, the world is so full of injustice, so full of greed and fear and hatred. The problems are overwhelming. Most people give up and look the other way. We who have no power or money feel so helpless. But I ache for the suffering of the innocent.
 
Like my grandmother, there is something in me that just echoes the pain of the innocent who are abused. She suffered real pain when she read about what was happening in the Holocaust. I have felt such pain about Rwanda and Darfur. But what can I do? I write about my concerns but I am so small and my voice is so weak.
 

No comments: