Tuesday, August 24, 2010

THE DANGERS OF BEING CHRISTIAN

 
**********************************
On August 23, 2010, I sent this message to Barry B. Clarke, Anglican Bishop of Montreal and an esteemed old friend, and to Rabbi Leigh Lerner of Temple Emanu-El Beth Sholom of Montreal, and to The Anglican Journal, and to Rev. Canon David Oliver, my minister and a dear friend who has earned by trust and admiration.
 
**********************************
I was attacked by my own mother and removed from my home and all my life's belongings because I had chosen to be baptized. My mother was persuaded by my niece, Dawn McSweeney, that I was the enemy because I had betrayed the faith. My mother believed Dawn to be a virtuous Jewish girl. That misguided belief destroyed our family.
 
My mother had taught Dawn a whole other kind of Yiddishkeit that included crystals, tea leaves, spirits and telepathic beings who landed their flying saucer in our back yard. But I was treated as the enemy because I was Christian. Truly I have never been more Jewish than I have been since I became Christian. It all came together for me, but it was really painful for my mother, and Dawn used that to destroy me.
 
After thirteen years, I am still fighting for justice - alone. Alone. Because no one has the courage or the integrity to stand with me. No one wants to get involved. It is so easy to ignore this voice crying alone in this jungle of injustice. So easy to ignore what is clearly the truth. So easy to say "It is not my jurisdiction, not my responsibility and, anyway - you are too late for justice".
 
So I fight on, day and night, to my last breath - alone. But I fight anyway. Because it is right to do so, and I do not know how to live without justice.
 
Expose the deeds of darkness.  Ephesians 5:11
 
Justice, only justice shalt thou pursue. - Deuteronomy 16:20
 
Luke 18: 1-8
 
Meanwhile, Dawn McSweeney and her self-proclaimed "partners in crime" are still free to enjoy everything they have stolen from me and from our family - Because no one really cares about justice. It is an archaic concept in our society. And still, I fight.
 
All the details of the crimes of Dawn McSweeney and her self-proclaimed "partners in crime" are open to the public at DAWN MCSWEENEY - http://dawnmcsweeney.blogspot.com,  
 
Further reports appear on PHYLLIS CARTER'S JOURNAL at http://phylliscartersjournal.blogspot,.com..
 
And my struggle for justice continues - day and night to my last breath.
 
NO PEACE WITHOUT JUSTICE
 
30

No comments: