Monday, March 21, 2011

FRIENDS REFUSE TO LEAVE SENDAI - HIDE UNDER THE DESK

 
I have been pleading with my friends in Sendai since March 15 to leave for a safer area, but they refuse to go.
 
The Japanese people are being deceived - told to stay indoors and monitor the radiation instead of fleeing to safety. It reminds me of how children were told to hide under their desks in case of an atomic bomb attack. The Japanese people are not being told of the true dangers of further earthquakes, explosions and radiation. 
 
It is a tragedy beyond tragedy. It is a crime of enormous proportions that will affect helpless little children and generations to come.
 
But nobody wants to hear the truth. It is easier to hide under the desk. I wish I could hide from the truth too, but I can't.
 
Phyllis Carter
 
(Photograph of Nozomi amd Shinya and their little daughters below).
 
I spent four days and nights trying to locate Nozomi and her family.
 
 
March 11, 2011  7:00 AM
 
Hi Nozomi,
 
We are just hearing about the earthquake and tsunami in Japan. Are you all safe? I look forward to hearing from you.
 
Love,
Phyllis Carter
 
 
March 15, 2011
 
Hi Phyllis,
Thank you for your email. I and my family are all safe.
We hadn't been having electricity for 4 days, but last
night, it finally came.
 
Many many people died in my prefecture even in my
city. 
 
Thanks God we are alive.
Please tell my friends that I'm okay.
 
Love,
Nozomi
 
March 15, 2011
 
OH !!!  I AM SO HAPPY !!!!!!!
 
Please take care of yourselves and keep in  touch with me. I love you and I have been awake three days trying to find you. I am crying happy tears now.
 
Try to get out of the danger area no matter what you have to leave behind. Protect your family.
 
I will tell Brian and Georgia this wonderful news !!!!!!
 
Later, I will send you email showing you what I have been doing to try to find you.
 
I can't stop crying and laughing now.
 
I thank God for this miracle !!!!
 
Love,
Phyllis
 
 
Tuesday Morning, 8:15 AM, Montreal Time
 
Hi Nozomi,
 
I don't know what your situation is like and whether you are able to hear the latest news. In the west we hear there is serious danger from the nuclear plants. There have been explosions and news reports there is a real danger of radiation leaks and more explosions.
 
It would be best if you could leave Japan or at least travel very far from the nuclear reactors. This is not gossip but serious news reports.
 
Please let me know your situation and let me know Shinya's family name. It was difficult to search for you without knowing it.
 
I check my email day and night.
 
Take care of yourselves. Nothing is more important than protecting your family.
 
Love,
Phyllis
 
 
To Nozomi
 
Canadian news is reporting interviews with nuclear experts. Radiation leaking from the reactors is already a danger. Even though the effects may not be shown immediately, the radiation is in the air and being breathed in and spreading onto everything. It cannot be seen or felt but there is serious health danger, especially to children.
 
Phyllis
 
 
March 15, 2011
 
Hi Nozomi,
 
Thank you so much for writing. You are right. We in the West are hearing that your government may not be telling you all the truth abut the danger. We are also hearing conflicting reports, but there is radiation leaking from the plants already and there have been  more explosions. You cannot be too careful
 
I strongly suggest that you move as far away from the plants as you possibly can. I am not trying to frighten you. but to protect you. The danger is real. The radiation that has already been released is in the air and can travel on the wind. It is a serious health threat when it is breathed in. It has no taste or smell. You cannot know it is there. Also the radiation lands on everything including crops and food and water. There is not yet enough radiation to cause illness that everyone would feel - like upset stomach , vomiting etc. The smaller amounts of radiation can take years to show the effects. The danger is greatest to the children, but all life is affected.
 
You should not take the chance of staying, but leave as quickly as you can. I do not want to scare you or to upset you or make you panic. But to be safe, you should go quickly and as far as possible. No one can be sure about how these earthquakes and radiation leaks will increase or which way the wind will blow the radiation. So please go, and keep writing to me. I am telling Brian about everything. He has his mind in the sky trusting God. I trust good sense and reason and logic and I want you to be safe.
 
I check my email day and night, so keep writing and let me know where you are. Also, please tell me Shinya's family name in case we lose touch again.
 
Do you have money? I do not know how I could send money to you in these circumstances, but if you need some, I promise to help as much as I can.
 
Love,
 
Phyllis
 
 
March 15, 2011
 
Our news is now reporting that the danger has increased and people are fleeing. You must go. And be careful. And keep writing to me. They are now saying that the government is downplaying the danger. You must go south without delay. Do not wait.
 
Do not stay. Go. Now.
 
Phyllis
 
March 15, 2011, 9:01 am

Latest Updates on Japan's Nuclear Crisis and Earthquake Aftermath

10:22 P.M. |Chief Cabinet Secretary's News Conference

Japan's chief cabinet secretary, Yukio Edano, is holding a news conference that is being broadcast live on Japanese television. Mr. Edano said radiation readings started rising rapidly Wednesday morning outside the front gate of the Fukushima Daiichi plant. "All the workers there have suspended their operations. We have urged them to evacuate, and they have," he said, according to a translation by NHK television.

March 16, 2011

It is now being reported that Japan is losing control over the reactors and workers in the nuclear plants are leaving the plants because it is too dangerous. I am hoping that you are on your way to a far location. Let me know where you are.
 
Phyllis
 
 
WEDNESDAY MARCH 16, 2011  11:00 PM, MONTREAL TIME.
 
News reports radiation leaks in three nuclear plants.
Radiation detected 150 KM from the plants.
People staying indoors in Tokyo.
Risk of another Chernobyl very real now.
 
Phyllis
 
In a message dated 18/03/2011 2:16:55 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
Nozomi writes
 
Dear Phyllis,
 
I'm at home, in Sendai now. It's over 100km far from
Fukushima nuclear plant. Please don't worry.
My boss said that I can stay at home for a while.
I'm okay.
 I also got email from Sook yesterday, and I replied.
 
I really thank you for your kindness.
 
Love,
Nozomi
 

 
I am sorry, Nozomi,
 
You are taking an awful risk. The radiation is going far beyond 100 km already. If you would read western press you would know the truth. Your children will suffer for your mistake. I am sorry to be so hard, but I am telling you the truth.
 
Phyllis
 
Americans Urged to Leave Japan's Affected Areas as Radiation Levels Rise in Tokyo
 
by R. Robertson
Tuesday Mar 15th, 2011 12:24 PM
Several embassies advised their citizens to leave affected areas, including Tokyo. Some multinational companies either told staff to leave or were considering relocating outside the city. US says Americans should leave affected areas.

UPDATE: 3/16. American officials break with Japanese authorities, broadening the area US citizens should move from immediately to a 50 mile radius from Fukushima plant. Source: CNN
Officials in Tokyo 150 miles south of the plant said radiation in the Tokyo, which is 150 miles south of the nuclear plant, is 10 times normal.

Update 3/16: Level in Tokyo 10 times higher than normal says Kyodo News ....
 
From Nozomi,
March 18, 2011
 
Dear Phyllis,
 
I know American Embassy said to the Americans who live in Japan
to leave to the USA or at least leave to 80km far from Fukushima.
American media can say anything because they don't live in Japan.
But we are living here.
I know the radiation comes to Sendai already, but it is not so different
in Tokyo. How we can do?
Tohoku University where I work started to monitor the radiation.
I look numerical values carefully.
 
Nozomi
 
 
March 18, 2011
 
My heart is with you and your children, Nozomi,
 
I can only imagine your situation and how you feel. All I can think is that - if I were in your place - I would do everything possible to take my children as far away as possible and as quickly as possible. I think that the longer you remain in that area, the more radiation you are exposed to. And there is the danger of further explosions. I know there is no perfect answer and it is all a gamble, but it seems to me that getting far away quickly makes sense.
 
Love,
Phyllis
 
 
To Nozomi,
March 18, 2011
 
The danger has increased. I can't describe the technical information that is being reported on the news as I write. There is more than the radiation that everyone is talking about. There are plutonium particles being released because of the water levels being lowered in the plants.
 
Phyllis
 
March 18, 2011
To Nozomi
 
JAPAN RAISES DANGER LEVEL FROM  4 to 5 OUT OF 7
Japan's nuclear safety agency has raised the rating of the country's nuclear crisis from 4 to 5 on a 7- level international scale.

Some experts are saying the level should be SIX

Authorities are struggling to prevent the catastrophic release of radiation in the area devastated by a tsunami.


And so we watch and wait with heavy hearts. I fear for the children, but I am helpless.
 
Phyllis Carter
March 21, 2011

No comments: