Sunday, March 20, 2011

THE PROPHECY OF HABAKKUK - SIGNS IN THE SKY AND A SHAKING EARTH

 
  
 
 
March 19, 2011
 
A GREAT WHITE MOON
 
I just went to close the window because it was getting cold. And  WOW ! There it is ! At twelve o'clock in the sky right in front of me. Beautiful ! So bright. And there appears to be a huge hazy halo around it - the frost, I guess. What a sight ! The brightest moon in eighteen years.
 
It was 1993 or 1994. I was on my way to St. Barnabas Church in the West Island of Montreal. It was a very hard time in my life. My darling Cliff had died in 1992, and I was diagnosed with breast cancer. I was sick, scared, sad, unemployed and financially strapped. The fact that I had lost all my hair to chemotherapy hardly mattered. I was hanging on to life physically and emotionally, and the hope of Jesus was keeping me from going under.
 
It was sunset.  Driving north, I was about a block from the church. I came to the corner of Pierrefonds Blvd., I had to stop for the red light. I had my eyes fixed on the traffic lights by the shopping centre across the street. The sky above was a peculiar pale turquoise colour. Suddenly there were meteors ! Were they meteors? Three brilliant fluorescent projectiles were plummeting from northeast to southwest across the turquoise expanse trailing ribbons of white vapor. I stared. I was stunned.
 
I was on my way to the church to participate in a service where people took turns reading from the bible all through a 24 hour period. When I got to the church, the reading assigned to me was this one from the prophet, Habakkuk. I was not familiar with it. I trembled as I read it.
 
****************************

Habakkuk's Prayer

1This prayer was sung by the prophet Habakkuka:

2I have heard all about you, Lord.

I am filled with awe by your amazing works.

In this time of our deep need,

help us again as you did in years gone by.

And in your anger,

remember your mercy.

3I see God moving across the deserts from Edom,b

the Holy One coming from Mount Paran.c

His brilliant splendor fills the heavens,

and the earth is filled with his praise.

4His coming is as brilliant as the sunrise.

Rays of light flash from his hands,

where his awesome power is hidden.

5Pestilence marches before him;

plague follows close behind.

6When he stops, the earth shakes.

When he looks, the nations tremble.

He shatters the everlasting mountains

and levels the eternal hills.

He is the Eternal One!

7I see the people of Cushan in distress,

and the nation of Midian trembling in terror.

8Was it in anger, Lord, that you struck the rivers

and parted the sea?

Were you displeased with them?

No, you were sending your chariots of salvation!

9You brandished your bow

and your quiver of arrows.

You split open the earth with flowing rivers.

10The mountains watched and trembled.

Onward swept the raging waters.

The mighty deep cried out,

lifting its hands to the Lord.

11The sun and moon stood still in the sky

as your brilliant arrows flew

and your glittering spear flashed.

12You marched across the land in anger

and trampled the nations in your fury.

13You went out to rescue your chosen people,

to save your anointed ones.

You crushed the heads of the wicked

and stripped their bones from head to toe.

14With his own weapons,

you destroyed the chief of those

who rushed out like a whirlwind,

thinking Israel would be easy prey.

15You trampled the sea with your horses,

and the mighty waters piled high.

16I trembled inside when I heard this;

my lips quivered with fear.

My legs gave way beneath me,d

and I shook in terror.

I will wait quietly for the coming day

when disaster will strike the people who invade us.

17Even though the fig trees have no blossoms,

and there are no grapes on the vines;

even though the olive crop fails,

and the fields lie empty and barren;

even though the flocks die in the fields,

and the cattle barns are empty,

18yet I will rejoice in the Lord!

I will be joyful in the God of my salvation!

19The Sovereign Lord is my strength!

He makes me as surefooted as a deer,e

able to tread upon the heights.

*************************

ANOTHER COINCIDENCE

 
 
After I published the piece on Habakkuk the first time, I looked at the picture I had picked at random from a free photo site. Look - There are three trails even though there are four projectiles.

No comments: