Friday, June 3, 2011

CLIFF CARTER'S STOLEN BADGE - NEW JERSEY SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT

 
My darling husband, Clifford John Manning Carter was a Deputy Sheriff in Passaic, New Jersey, from the late 1950's - perhaps from 1957 - and into the 1960's. He lived in Paterson at the time. He was so proud of his badge.

After Cliff died here in Montreal, Canada in 1992 at the age of 89, I treasured every precious thing he left me, especially his badge. ( His name and the county are inscribed on the face of it.)
 
On October 7, 1996, I was attacked and robbed in my home. The thief, Dawn McSweeney, took everything I had worked for all my life and every precious thing Cliff had given me - including his badge.

Every time I see a badge anywhere, I am in pain. The robbery shattered my family. And the thought of - not only being deprived of Cliff's precious badge, but also knowing that the heartless thief and her accomplices - who she calls her "partners in crime" on her own blog - have it in their dirty hands hurts me more than words can say. And that was why Dawn McSweeney stole it. Not for monetary gain, but to hurt me deeply.

I did write to the Sheriff's office in Passaic, but no one there had any information about Cliff. Younger people take over and the past is lost. Papers and documents get buried, lost, especially since everything is now computerized.

Is it possible that anyone in the Passaic area remembers Cliff Carter? Is there anyone who remembers his service as Deputy Sheriff?

I yearn for the return of Cliff's badge but the Montreal Police have been unwilling to do anything to help.
 
I pleaded with my Member of Parliament, Marlene Jennings, and my Member of the Quebec Assembly, Russell Copeman to go after the criminals who I identified to the police immediately at the time of the robbery. Since then those criminals have tried various cruel tactics to try to silence me so that I would stop pursuing the case. All the details are reported on the Dawn McSweeney Robbery Case blog - http://dawnmcsweeney.blogspot.com.

Who cares about Cliff Carter's legacy? I do ! I am now 75 years old and fighting cancer too. Cliff has been gone for many years now, but I am still his wife. I am still deeply in love with him. I am still so proud of who he was. And I will continue pursuing this case to my last breath.

My reports present an accurate and fascinating insight into the many flaws in our justice system and a moving true story of how a family was destroyed because the authorities in Montreal refuse to take appropriate action.
 
Member of Parliament, Marlene Jennings, stated at two public meetings in 2008, "Mrs. Carter's rights were violated three times". But no one is doing anything about these crimes.

Cliff was a proud citizen of the United States. As a landed immigrant, he was a beloved figure as a gentleman musician here in Montreal for half a century.CTV and RCA Records made his only record album, MR. NOSTALGIA, CLIFF CARTER in 1982.

I can provide detailed information upon request and I will gladly answer any questions. My struggle for justice continues. I want my husband's badge. I will never stop fighting for it's return.
 
See MR. NOSTALGIA, CLIFF CARTER


Phyllis Carter
Montreal, Quebec,
Canada

No comments: