Thursday, August 18, 2011

DORIS DAY AND ME

 
 
"Lover Come Back" Doris Day 1961 Universal Pictures
 
 
 
When I was just a little girl, I asked my mother,
What will I be,
Will I be pretty ?
Will I be rich ?
Here's what she said to me,
Che Sera, Sera,
Whatever will be will be....
 
 
When I was just a little girl
I was in the school basement
At recess one day,
And I was singing.
 
And the smartest girl in my class,
Molly Katz, said,
 
"You sing like Doris Day ! "
 
Molly Katz was the smartest girl,
But she could not have known
What a profound influence
Her compliment
Would have on my life.
 
Today, Doris Day at age 87,
Has issued a new record album.
And all her life,
She has been saving animals.
 
Doris Day was, and still is,
The quintessential model
Of beauty and goodness
We need in the world.
 
 
 
Mr. Nostalgia,
Cliff Carter
&
The Sheba,
Phyllis Carter
 

No comments: