Friday, October 28, 2011

VETERAN'S WIDOW CAN'T WEAR HIS MEDALS - MY HUSBAND'S BADGE WAS STOLEN

 
A Charlottetown woman says she wants to honour her late husband by wearing his military medals for Remembrance Day, but she doesn't want to break the law.

Madrien Ferris would like to wear the 10 medals her husband Albert received during his 30 years in the Canadian Armed Forces. But Article 419 of the Criminal Code prohibits anyone other than the veteran from doing so.

"The medals are very important to me. He loved being in the military, that was his great, great love," said Ferris.
 
cbc.ca
 
My husband, Cliff Carter's New Jersey Deputy Sheriff's Badge  was stolen by Dawn McSweeney. All the details of Dawn McSweeney's crimes are reported at http://dawnmcsweeney.blogspot.com.
 
Every time I see a badge anywhere, I am in pain. The robbery shattered my family. And the thought of - not only being deprived of Cliff's precious badge, but also knowing that the heartless thief and her accomplices - who she boastfully calls her "partners in crime" on her own blog - have it in their dirty hands hurts me more than words can say. And that was why Dawn McSweeney stole it. Not for monetary gain, but to hurt me deeply.
http://phylliscartersjournal.blogspot.com/2011/06/cliff-carters-stolen-badge-new-jersey.html

No comments: