Tuesday, January 3, 2012

PATTERNS OF LIFE - IT IS ONLY TECH STUFF

 
 
When fate hands you lemons :
 
A new DVD player - How lovely !
 
Now make it work.
 
The DVD is running
But there is nothing on the TV screen.
 
Spend hours trying to find the manual
 
Setup -
Press this,
Press that.
 
 
 
Check the batteries in the remote.
 
After weeks of effort and tears -
Wow !
 
I finally got the red and yellow and white plugs
In the order the Master of Tech Stuff demands
 
 
 
The movie is running -
 
With subtitles.
I don't want subtitles.
 
Check the  manual.
Hours of trying and crying.
 
Press this, press that.
 
I obey the demands of the Master.
 
But I can't get rid of the subtitles.
 
Be grateful
 
After months without TV, VCR or DVD
At last  - at least for the moment -
I can watch a DVD.
 
Now I must wait for the weather to clear,
So I can go out and buy some DVD's
 
I take a break from the DVD player.
 
I come to the computer.
 
Blogger demands my password again.
 
AOL bumps me off -
Again and again.
 
It isn't considered murder,
It is slow death by aggravation.
 
It is all patterns,
And you have to find the right combination -
The magic code -
The cure for what ails the machines -
To succeed.
 
 
Like the doctor trying to save your life.
 
Keep cool -
It is only tech stuff.
 
 
 

No comments: