Thursday, January 5, 2012

THE TRUTH ABOUT MARLENE JENNINGS - FORMER CANADIAN M.P.

 
 
Marlene Jennings is an honourable woman. She is talented, experienced and very likeable. Until the last elections, she was a respected Member of Parliament with a background as Quebec's Police Ethics Commissioner.
 
For some time, I thought Marlene Jennings would and should be Prime Minister, a bright woman with a personal manner that would be an asset in Parliament and on the international scene.
 
Marlene Jennings is an honourable woman. I am certain no one could find fault with her. In my experience,. I have found her very human, open, sensitive. An honourable woman.
 
I would have been among the first to support Marlene Jennings - yet again.
 
But then, I cannot. Because I am a dreamer. I dream of a leader who cares about justice enough to actually protect the innocent and ensure the appropriate punishment of criminals.
 
I first asked Marlene Jennings for help when I was attacked and robbed in my home in NDG, Montreal, on October 7, 1996. Even though Marlene Jennings was my Member of Parliament. Even though our family had always supported her. Even though she had the experience of serving as Quebec's Police Ethics Commissioner and she had all the knowledge and contacts to help me, she answered that these crimes were not in her jurisdiction.
 
And so, for the past fifteen years, I have spent all my energy, all my time, all my strength, fighting for justice against the criminals - Dawn McSweeney and those she calls her "partners in crime" on her own blog - who robbed me and my family - with the help of a Montreal Police officer - and the subsequent police cover-up. I have spent these fifteen years draining my life away for the sake of justice.
 
At the Meet the Candidates assembly in NDG on October 7, 2008, Liberal Member of Parliament, Marlene Jennings, stated before all the candidates and the public,
 
"Mrs. Carter's rights were violated three times". 
 
She repeated this statement shortly thereafter at Rosedale United Church in NDG.
 
The three violations
 
1. In 1996, the Montreal Police refused to file a report of the initial robbery. They have continued to refuse to act ever since.
 
2. In 2007, immediately following the death of my mother, the same group of criminals obtained a court order accusing me of being insane and dangerous. I was released from hospital unconditionally as soon as the doctors found out what my accusers had done and why. After my mother's death, we learned that -
 
3. In 2005, the same group who call themselves "Partners in Crime" created a will in my mother's name when she was 92 years old and handicapped physically and mentally. My mother was kept in total isolation by these criminals for ten years - until her death. The sole beneficiaries of the 2005 will were the same people who robbed me and obtained the court order against me. Then it became clear why these criminals tried to discredit me and silence me.
 
Finally, after all those years, Marlene Jennings met with me and went over the file and prepared some papers for my case. I thought, I hoped, I prayed, that, at long last, we were on the road to justice.
 
Then, on October 14, 2008, Marlene Jennings was re-elected to Parliament.
 
And she disappeared.
 
In 2009, I fell ill - very seriously ill. As soon as I could rise from my hospital bed, I went to a computer in the hospital and started sending out emails appealing for help with the case. But no help came from Marlene Jennings. Only good wishes and "Get well soon".
 
Friends in the community tried to help, some tried to intervene. Finally, on May 6, 2010, I received a telephone call from Diane Phaneuf, Adjointe de circonscription/ Constituency Assistant Bureau de l'hon. Marlene Jennings, C.P. députée, Office of the Hon. Marlene Jennings, P.C. MP, Notre-Dame-de-Grâce - Lachine.
 
Mme. Phaneuf told me that she had already talked to me about the case two weeks earlier.
 
Diane Phaneuf had not spoken to me since I went to Marlene Jennings' office to sign the papers in 2008.
 
I have been very ill, but I did write to Marlene Jennings many times, appealing for her to proceed with the case against these criminals. I am unable to walk very well, but I can speak and write. I can participate in a court case.
 
It is now January, 2012 and I am no longer waiting for Marlene Jennings to take action against the criminals who robbed and destroyed my family.
 
I am no longer waiting for an e-mail or a phone call from Marlene Jennings saying she is ready to follow through with the case against Dawn McSweeney and her "partners in crime".
 
The stars have been lifted from my eyes and I see now that Marlene Jennings' interest lies elsewhere. It is clear that she has set her gaze on a much more important goals than justice for me and my family.
 
It took me a very long time to give up hope in Marlene Jennings. I am such a stubborn idealist, a relic of a time when people believed in heroes. 
 
But I am above all, a fighter. I will not allow anyone to deter me from pursuing the case. I am working night and day to try to find someone in authority who cares enough about justice to do what is right - an honourable person who has the authority and the will to recover and return everything Dawn McSweeney stole and finally bring her before a criminal court.
 
I am not interested in money. This is not a civil case. Crimes have been committed and I demand justice. I demand what is my own and I demand the return of everything that Dawn McSweeney and her "partners in crime" stole from my father and my mother and my siblings and their children.
 
Is it hopeless, really? Once a person is granted authority, does it follow absolutely that they can no longer be honourable?
 
Lord Acton said, "Power tends to corrupt. Absolute power corrupts absolutely." A rational person would give up hope. But I have never been a rational person.
 
George Bernard Shaw said, "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man." - or woman. I am that woman.
 
My reports of the crimes committed by Dawn McSweeney and her  "partners in crime" are now being read all over the world. At this writing more than 40,700 people have read my reports. Somewhere, there is that one honourable person who will care enough to pursue this criminal case, because I am just one of so many Canadians abused by police and rejected by the so-called justice system, while criminals thrive in the full confidence that they are impervious. 
 
It is easy to see why criminals have no fear. After all, in my own case, the police I called to rescue me - helped the thief instead, And since then, the Montreal Police have unashamedly continued to cover-up.
 
After I had struggled for justice in this case day and night for thirteen years, meeting with one rejection after another, Quebec's Human Rights Commission told me that I was "too late" for justice. That is Canada's shame. That is my challenge and the challenge of all Canadian crime victims.
 
After pursuing this criminal case on my own for so long, I found many other crime victims who, like me, are fighting for justice against vicious criminals who are protected by Canada's incompetent, negligent and corrupt legal system. I am no longer alone.
 
I am just an ordinary citizen with nothing to offer Marlene Jennings and the Liberal Party of Canada - except my vote - and that I will withhold. 
 
If you care about justice, you should too.
 
The only thing needed for evil to triumph is for good men (and women) to do nothing. 
 
Edmond Burke
 
Detailed reports of these crimes at - http://dawnmcsweeney.blogspot.com
 
 
 
 

4 comments:

Lucette said...

I will never vote Liberal. Marlene Jennings helped Monia Mazigh so I can't get down on her.

It could be an issue between jurisdiction - MPs don't handle things if an MLA or city councilor has jurisdiction.

Jagmeet Singh mentioned that when he was running Federally, he had to say things were not his jurisdiction but when he decided to run Provincially he said he could knock on the same doors and say now I can help you because it is a Provincial matter.

Phyllis Carter said...

Thank you for writing, Lucette.

I don't accept "It is not my jurisdiction" as an excuse. It is a cop-out. Those who have power have an obligation to do what is right. No excuses. Everyone I have asked for help for fifteen years uses the same excuse. "It's not my jurisdiction. It's not my responsibility." Hogwash !

Phyllis Carter said...

Correction _ Marlene Jennings was Quebec's DEPUTY Police Ethics Commissioner.

Phyllis Carter said...

April 8, 2015 - I continue to fight for justice in this case day and night, while I am fighting for my life More than 189,000 people around the world have now read these reports, but there is still no justice for victims of the Montreal Police, and politicians at all levels of government insist that crime is not in their jurisdiction. Oh, Canada! You have so much reason to be ashamed.