Monday, February 6, 2012

WHAT CAN WE EXPECT FROM THE NDP ? HERE IS WHAT ISABELLE MORIN SAYS

 
HERE IS MY CORRESPONDENCE WITH THE NDP MEMBER OF PARLIAMENT FOR THE COMMUNITY OF NDG IN MONTREAL, QUEBEC, CANADA - WHERE JUSTICE IS IN NOBODY'S JURISDICTION.
 
De : Carter
Envoyé : 31 décembre 2011 08:18
À : Morin, Isabelle - Députée
 
Objet : WHAT CAN WE EXPECT FROM THE NDP ?
 
I found your little calendar in my mailbox yesterday, Mlle Morin.

In my opinion, it was a mistake to try to imitate the calendars sent out for years by Marlene Jennings. You probably regard the effort as a friendly gesture, and for that, I thank you. But as one who has been on the political scene for decades, I see this as an example, not of economy - but of inferiority.
 
Your little calendar is useless, as far as I can see. There are all these tiny squares into which no human hand could fit an appointment of even a phone number. It was a waste of time and money and leaves the voter wanting something substantial. Better to have sent your business card. Period.
 
Further, you have set up your offices in Lachine, rather than in NDG. My impression is that you have aligned yourself with Francophone voters and distanced yourself from the "others" of NDG.
 
And third - You have ignored my appeals for justice.
I can see no reason why I should support you or the NDP. Can you ?
 
Phyllis Carter
 
Copied to Facebook and concerned members of the Community of NDG
 
In a message dated 11/01/2012 11:40:28 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
 
 
Hello
 
Thank you for taking the time to write to me and in sharing your opinions. Let me explain myself. In regards to the calendar, it is a gift offered by the House of Commons on behalf of MPs from all parties. Therefore it is not a partisan action.
 
In order to have less expensive calendars, they have decided to shrink it. The idea is not to provide everybody with an agenda but rather a symbolic gift to everyone. Also, when thinking about those less fortunate and suffering from poverty, this gift might help them organize the year.
 
Furthermore, I'm an MP for the riding of NDG/Lachine, which means that my office has to be somewhere in there. Please know that language was not part of the decision making process. In fact, in both neighborhoods there's a strong English speaking community. Rather, I based my decision on the rental prices as well as the importance of finding a centrally located place.
 
Finally, I would like to know more about what do you mean when you say I have ignored your appeals for justice. Can you provide me with more details?
 
Again thank you very much for writing. I'm always happy to hear from citizens in my riding and know what they think even if it's to condemn some of my actions. It is like that, that I can improve my work. Should you have any other comment, please don't hesitate to contact me again.
 
Mme Isabelle Morin, députée/MP
Notre-Dame-de-Grâce-Lachine
De : Carter
Envoyé : 11 janvier 2012 17:27
À : Morin, Isabelle - Députée
 
Objet : Re: WHAT CAN WE EXPECT FROM THE NDP ?
 
January 11, 2012
 
Hello Isabelle,
 
Thank you very much for writing and explaining about the silly "calendar-not-an-agenda". I'm glad to learn that it was not you, but the whole House of Commons, that wasted money on that useless PR.
 
And I understand about the location of your riding office.
 
As for "ignoring my appeals." I wrote to you many weeks ago asking for your attention to my case. I did not receive a reply.
 
I am a crime victim. Dawn McSweeney and those she proudly calls her "partners in crime" on her own blog, not only robbed me - but also my entire family - with the help of a Montreal Police officer.
 
Because a Montreal Police officer helped the thief, the police have refused repeatedly to take any action to recover our belongings or to bring the criminals before a judge in criminal court. The cover up has continued from the day of the crime to this day.
 
I have been pleading for the return of our belongings and property for fifteen years, day and night. In 2008, Marlene Jennings stated at a Meet the Candidates gathering - "Mrs. Carter's rights were violated three times." She repeated that statement at Rosedale United Church in NDG shortly thereafter. But then she was re-elected and she "disappeared."
 
All I ever hear from every person in authority is " That is not in my Jurisdiction. So I fight on day and night without ceasing.
 
I want to know if you are going to be any different. Do you have the character, the courage, the love of justice, to step out of the political comfort zone and actually stand up for justice ?
 
All the details of my case are reported on my blog - DAWN MCSWEENEY AND HER PARTNERS IN CRIME - http://dawnmcsweeney.blogspot.com.
 
To date, my blogs have been read by more than 41,000 people around the world, and still I see no sign of anyone who will bring me and my family justice in this case that has torn apart my family - even to the death of both my parents.
 
Your advisors will tell you to steer away from this matter. You are young and inexperienced and they will tell you not to risk associating yourself with this matter. But you can read the facts for yourself and decide.
 
I will answer any questions. I will take a polygraph test.
 
It would take a person of insight and courage to actually take action against the criminals who have cost me fifteen years of my life, everything my father and I worked for all our lives - and my health.
 
When a person is given authority, personal responsibility goes with it. "Jurisdiction" is a cop-out by politicians and people in power to avoid doing what is right. History shows us a rare few who do not hide among the pack, but who step outside the gang to do justice.
 
Should you be the exception, the one person who has the courage and moral fibre to help me, people would see that you are someone special and you would have my respect, cooperation and support.
 
The only thing needed for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing. Edmond Burke.
 
Truth is the most powerful weapon on earth.
 
Phyllis Carter
 
You may also wish to look at my other blog -
PHYLLIS CARTER'S JOURNAL - http://phylliscartersjournal.blogspot.com.

De : Carter
Envoyé : 26 janvier 2012 14:51
À : Morin, Isabelle - Députée
 
Objet : Re: WHAT CAN WE EXPECT FROM THE NDP ? - THE DAWN MCSWEENEY ROBBERY
 
Thank you for writing, Isabelle.
 
In response to your questions:
 
When I was being attacked, on October 7, 1996, I managed to call 911. I expected the police to come and help me. Instead, the police officer took me out of my home by my arm. Before he took me out the door, he stated in front of my mother who had just attacked me, that I could not take any of my belongings with me and I must never return to the house. Then the two officers left me in the street in front of my home, without as much as a coat, and they just drove away. I learned later that they did not even file a report.
 
I was left in shock, homeless and destitute. Every precious thing I owned was in the house under the control of Dawn McSweeney and her boyfriend, Alex Lavergne - as well as my aged parents who did not realize what Dawn had done.
 
I went to the police station on Mariette again and again, begging them to go to the house and see for themselves. Everything I owned was in my two rooms, in boxes and cases and bags, all marked with my name and inventory numbers that corresponded with my inventories, receipts, appraisals. insurance documents etc. I had stored my best things there starting from about 1988 - But the police told me that I should just be patient and everything would be returned to me. They refused to investigate - again and again.
 
When Dawn finally returned the things she didn't want in Mid-March, 1997, I found my inventories and documents among the boxes but all my most precious valuables were gone. She returned cases full of EMPTY little jewellery boxes.
 
Once I had the documents, I gave the police at Mariette station all the proofs of ownership. That was Mid-March, 1997. Dawn had all those months, night and day, to take everything she wanted. Fortunately, she did not know about the documents. It was jewellery and things like that she wanted, not files and papers.
 
It was then that the police launched what appeared to be a serious investigation, but fingerprints "disappeared" once they took the evidence from my apartment, and the detectives told me that Dawn McSweeney and Alex Lavergne refused to take polygraph tests.
 
I told the police I would gladly take a polygraph test. They said it was not necessary because they believed me and they refused to give me the test. And they just shut me out ever since.
 
Over the years, I brought floppy disks full of information to the police - that was before I had my blogs - and I begged them again and again to go to the house and recover my belongings. But they just ignored me.
 
You can read on my blog about Det. Sgt. Sylvie Laverdiere who told me to do my own investigation and report to her. I did that. I gave her a detailed written report. Then she went to the house and, standing at the front door, she asked Dawn McSweeney for my Borg winter coat. Dawn gave it to her. And that was all. Laverdiere did nothing to recover my jewellery or any of my other precious belongings. Case closed.
 
They keep telling me the case is closed. It will never be closed until Dawn McSweeney returns everything she stole from me and from my family.
 
You ask why they put me out in the street. I didn't know. I was in total shock. I expected Dawn to pilfer. But I never expected my own mother to attack me. I had begged my mother to keep Dawn out of my rooms. When the police removed me from my home, everything I had was in Dawn's hands totally under her control, and the police refused to do anything to help me.
 
The police didn't tell me why they were doing it. They just took me out of my home and warned me never to return. I don't know what my mother said to them. I only know that my mother was under Dawn McSweeney's control. Whatever Dawn said, my mother believed because I was the evil one in the house who had converted to Christianity.
 
It was about four years later that I learned by accident why my mother attacked me. She thought I had stolen money from her and given it to St. Thomas' Anglican Church. All the details are on my blog.
 
At the Meet the Candidates assembly in NDG on October 7, 2008, Liberal Member of Parliament, Marlene Jennings, stated before all the candidates and the public, "Mrs. Carter's rights were violated three times". She repeated that statement at Rosedale United Church shortly afterward.
 
The three violations
 
1. In 1996, the Montreal Police refused to file a report of the initial robbery. They have continued to refuse to act ever since.
 
2. In 2007, immediately following the death of my mother, the same group of criminals obtained a court order accusing me of being insane and dangerous. I was released from hospital unconditionally as soon as the doctors found out what my accusers had done and why. After my mother's death, we learned that -
 
3. In 2005, the same group who call themselves "partners in crime" created a will in my mother's name when she was 92 years old and handicapped physically and mentally. My mother was kept in total isolation by these criminals for ten years - until her death. The sole beneficiaries of the 2005 will were the same people who robbed me and obtained the court order against me. Then it became clear why these criminals tried to discredit me and silence me.
 
Marlene Jennings was re-elected to Parliament on October 14, 2008. She began helping me with the case.
 
On December 18, 2008, Diane of Marlene Jennings' office phoned and told me that Marlene Jennings expected me to pursue the case on my own. When I reminded her of Mrs. Jennings' promises to help me, she said Mrs. Jennings would call and arrange to meet with me by January 8th or 9th (2009)
 
It is now January, 2012. I am still working night and day to try to find someone in authority who cares enough about justice to act in this case.
 
I have reported all the details at http://dawnmcsweeney.blogspot.com.
 
Phyllis Carter
 
In a message dated 26/01/2012 12:21:37 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
 
 
Hello,
 
Thank you very much for providing me with more details. However, I have some questions:
 
1. How did the police help the thief?
 
2. Why did they put you out on the street and why did they told you never come back home?
 
Thank you very much
 
Mme Isabelle Morin, députée/MP
Notre-Dame-de-Grâce-Lachine
De : Carter
Envoyé : 19 janvier 2012 12:48
À : Morin, Isabelle - Députée
 
Objet : Re: WHAT CAN WE EXPECT FROM THE NDP ?
Hello Isabelle,
 
I appreciate your taking the time to respond to my message. I have been fighting for justice day and night for fifteen years. I wrote to Kathleen Weil about this years ago. She just ignored me. I am a veteran at this now. It is the same story all the time. I have stacks of files of letters and information going back over the years from the moment I called 911 and the police came and helped the thief.
 
After they put me out in the street and warned me never to return to my home, they just drove away leaving me alone out in front of my home without as much as a coat in October - and they never filed a report. I reported to the police station on Mariette myself, and I was told that I should just be patient and everything would be returned to me.
 
I have reported all the details of the case on my blog. No one is responsible and my case is in nobody's jurisdiction. Mostly my appeals are just ignored. And so I have lost all my life's precious belongings, years with my parents, my siblings, and my health. I am fighting day and night for justice, my belongings, the estate that belongs to my father's own heirs, and my health - my life. I spend my life at the computer and in hospital. Justice is my jurisdiction and I will fight to my last breath.
 
Phyllis Carter
 
In a message dated 19/01/2012 12:01:16 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
 
 
Hello
 
Thank you providing me more information regarding your case. I can't believe everything that has happened to you and your family over the years. It's always frustrating when we feel police didn't do their work. It makes us feel powerless.
 
I can understand how frustrating it can be to hear from Marlene Jennings that this case is not in her jurisdiction. I'm afraid she's right. Any problem that has to do with police is a provincial matter. That's not to say that as a federal MP there's nothing I can do. However, I can impose myself on provincial matters.
 
What I suggest you do is contact your local MNA. For NDG that would be Kathleen Weil. Her office is located at 5252 de Maisonneuve boul. And her telephone number is 514-489-7581. For sure she can't say that this is not her jurisdiction. In the event that your MNA doesn't respect you or doesn't hear your cause, that is when maybe your MP could do something about it like calling your MNA to better understand her position.

Although I imagine my answer to be somewhat disappointing, I hope that the information I give you can lead you to some answer. By no means do I not care for your case, I just have to respect the order of our system. Please, keep me inform of your situation.
 
Good luck and have a nice day
 
Mme Isabelle Morin, députée/MP
Notre-Dame-de-Grâce-Lachine
 
In a message dated 06/02/2012 4:19:31 P.M. Eastern Standard
Time,
 
 
Hello,
 
Thank you for providing me with all this information. It helps me better understand your situation. If the police has closed the case without returning your jewelry, perhaps suing Dawn MCSweeney for stealing items is a possibility. For this I suggest you seek the services of a lawyer. Also, at the time you were attacked, were you under age? If, so, I need your birth date to see what possibilities are out here for abused minors who are willing to come forward as adults. Finally, do you know how Marlene Jennings was planning on helping you? Perhaps we can pick up from there. Again thank you for writing.
 
Cordially
Mme Isabelle Morin, députée/MP
Notre-Dame-de-Grâce-Lachine
 
February 6, 2012
 
Thank you for taking the time to write, Isabelle,
 
I do not want ever to hear another person tell me to get a lawyer. This is not a civil case. It is a criminal case. Period.
 
I do not want money. I want justice. I want what is my own. I am fighting for my life every day, and still I demand justice.
 
I was not a child when I was attacked. As I have reported many times, I was a widow and fighting cancer.
 
What was Marlene Jennings planning to do? She filled out some papers. Then she was re-elected and disappeared. I have reported this on my blogs. I was "not in her jurisdiction"
 
So I fight on day and night to my last breath.
 
Phyllis Carter
 

No comments: