Tuesday, March 6, 2012

A MESSAGE TO CRIME VICTIMS FROM PHYLLIS CARTER - I SHARE YOUR PAIN

 
Yes. As a crime victim myself, I share your pain. When I read your posts on Facebook, I feel your pain, your frustration, your anger, your sense of helplessness in the face of the big machines who rule over our lives - those who have the power to bring us justice, but choose to ignore our pleas, to divert us, delay us, discourage us.
 
They are always in positions of power, and we are always coming to them "hat in hand" pleading for justice. And all they have to do to continue enjoying their comfort and power is to ignore us, diminish us, discredit us, crush us until we give up.
 
The politicians we elect to protect us sit on their thrones and enjoy the pleasant life with their families and rich and powerful friends. We who then bring them our  troubles are treated as one treats a pesky mosquito. We are a bother, an inconvenience - we are splinters in their sides. We cast a shadow on them while they bask in the sunshine.
 
So many of you have been physically and sexually abused, have been robbed, raped, had your children taken away. You have suffered unbearable agony and, still, you find the strength to go to Facebook and tell the world what has been done to you - what is being done to you by our corrupt INJUSTICE systems.
 
I have been fighting for justice - alone - for FIFTEEN YEARS - day and night. There have been no holidays or days off for me since I was attacked and robbed - with the help of a Montreal Policeman.
 
Even when I was in hospital for months being treated for cancer, I still continued my battle for justice from my wheelchair at a computer in the hospital.
 
The details of the crimes that have torn apart my family, my health and my life are open to the world on my blogs.
 
I fight for justice - day and night. And so must you.
 
Keep on telling the world about the injustices that your elected politicians and police and lawyers are doing to you.
 
I know that many of you - perhaps most of you - are fighting alone because, like me, you are not rich. Chances are that your opponent, your enemy, your abuser has stolen all the valuables you had and, therefore, your enemy can afford lawyers who use every trick in the book to ensure that you do not succeed in getting justice.
 
You and I are each alone over great distances,
but we are bound together by truth and justice.
 
You are alone. I am alone. But truth is always true, and justice is always justice. And therein lies our power.
 
TRUTH IS ALWAYS TRUE 
AND VILLAINS FEAR IT.
 
Keep on telling the truth. Keep demanding justice.
 
 
WHY SHOULD YOU FEEL DISCOURAGED ?
 

No comments: