Tuesday, May 8, 2012

FRANK SHOOFEY - THEY SAY HE WAS A BAD MAN

 
 
 
 
Frank Shoofey was a Montreal lawyer. He defended bad guys - gang members, thugs who beat their girlfriends. Frank Shoofey was murdered 26 years ago while working late in his office as he often did.
 
I can't remember how I learned of Frank Shoofey, but I heard about him somewhere while I was employed as an investigator for Pinkerton back in the 1970's. I called and told him I had a problem and I had no money. No secretary. No buttons to press. He answered his own phone. Without hesitation, he told me to come to see him. 
 
I went to his office on Cherrier Street that evening. His waiting room was small. It was full of people in work clothes. I remember the construction boots covered in dried mud. People who had no money. People who needed a lawyer who cared more about justice than he did about money.
 
The rest of my story about Frank Shoofey appears on
PHYLLIS CARTER'S JOURNAL at -
THE TRUTH ABOUT TRUTH - IT ISN'T EASY
 
FRANK SHOOFEY WAS MURDERED.
IS THERE ANOTHER HONEST LAWYER IN QUEBEC? 
 

No comments: