Monday, February 4, 2013

I COULD HAVE BEEN A CONTENDER

 

 
A PORTRAIT OF ASGAR AND THE PLIGHT OF KASHMIR
FEATURING THE ELOQUENT LETTERS OF SAYED ASGAR ALI RAZWY
 
I brought my manuscript for A PORTRAIT OF ASGAR AND THE PLIGHT OF KASHMIR to Montreal publisher, Alfred Warkenten. He said he would publish it - if I would write a book for him attacking Israel.
 
I brought some of my paintings to a gallery in downtown Montreal. The owner, a survivor of the Holocaust, said my paintings were not particularly interesting - but she could make me rich and famous by hanging my work in her gallery and giving me a lot of publicity - if I would write her biography.
 
I refused both offers. My paintings are not for sale. Money was never interesting to me.
 
I published A PORTRAIT OF ASGAR AND THE PLIGHT OF KASHMIR myself. It was never about having a best seller. It was never about money. But I have letters acknowledging that there are copies of my little book in the great libraries of London, Paris and Hawaii, as well as in the National Library at Parliament in Ottawa.
 
A PORTRAIT OF ASGAR AND THE PLIGHT OF KASHMIR
FEATURING THE ELOQUENT LETTERS OF SAYED ASGAR ALI RAZWY
http://phylliscartersjournal.blogspot.com/2010/06/portrait-of-asgar-and-plight-of-kashmir_9570.html
 
 
 

No comments: