Monday, June 24, 2013

GERMANY'S PAST - QUEBEC 'S FUTURE ? DO YOU FEEL SAFE IN QUEBEC ?

 
FACEBOOK
June 24, 2013
 
 
Interesting and perhaps ground-breaking case !

Murray Levine  > Beryl Wajsman (Editor of The Suburban, Montreal Weekly)
Beryl; Is the following plausible? Somehow I think that many would have been aware of it, if it actually happened?

An amusing comment on a CJAD post: JohnH- posted on 06/22/2013 08:56 PM

@Paul T. PaulT.
I'm a small business man and I have had my share of run in with the OQLF.
 
I contacted my lawyer the first time they came to my office because of an anonymous complaint, the (STOOLIE PHONE LINE).
 
I refused to let them into my office. My lawyer advised me to do this until he got to my office. he also advised me to phone the police.
The inspector told me through my locked office door that I had to let him.
When the police arrived they asked me if they could come into my office. I said that only if they would not let the inspector in.
The police agreed and they came in without the inspector.
While the door was open the inspector threatened me with fines and my business would be closed.
One of the four police officers told the inspector to be quiet. And left a officer with the inspector outside in the hall.
The lead officer asked me why I wouldn't let the inspector in. My lawyer advised me that should this question be asked I should respond this way, the OQLF inspector's do not have the power of arrest or search or seizure, without a police officer or bailiff with a court order or warrant. Since the OQLF inspector did not have the legal documentation I invoked my constitutional right to refuse entry.
The lead police officer was shocked and said why are you turning this into a bigger problem than it really is. I was about to say my constitutional right are a big deal, when my lawyer finally arrived.
At that point I had to open the door to let him in. At that time the inspector was on his phone and told me he was in contact with the Justice Department in Quebec City and would have a court order in 45 minutes.
My lawyer turned and laughed at the inspector. Then he asked the inspector what was the date of the court hearing where the court order was issued.
All of a sudden the inspector closed his phone and tried to get on the elevator. I which point my lawyer asked the police office in the hall to detain the inspector. The police officer ask my lawyer for what reason?
My lawyer said because he had just witnessed the inspector threat me.
At this point the lead officer began to realize the situation was spinning out of control. The lead officer ordered the other officer to detain the inspector.
Well, at this point the inspector went ballistic! Do you know who I am? I am a inspector of the Quebec government. I want all all your names. You will all be fired. I have the power of the Quebec government and all of you will not comply with my order.
At this point my lawyer replied that we had the power of the Constitution of Canada and we invoke our right to refuse.
The lead police ordered the officer in the hall to remove the inspector and detain him in one of the police cars in front of the building.
At this time the lead police officer placed the remaining 2 officers at the front door of my office and asked my lawyer and myself if we could go inside and talk about what just happened. I said yes.
This police officer was an old school cop. He knew this whole thing could get real serious.
My lawyer informed the lead police officer that we intended to file a criminal and civil complaint against the inspector. And all the police officers would become witnesses. Well you should have seen the expression on his face.
Then my lawyer added, you know this could take years. At this time the lead officer excused himself and made a call. He returned and asked my lawyer if there was anyway we could resolve this without all the long term legal problems?
My lawyer and I spoke in another office and he told me I had a very good case. However, it could take years and take a lot of money. So, we filed a criminal complaint against the inspector and left at that.
My lawyer said if anyone wants to get rid of the OQLF all you have to do is sue the inspector and the OQLF. This forces the OQLF to not only defend themselves but, the inspector too. After a couple of hundred lawsuits are filed there won't be a lot of people wanting to be inspectors. Since these independent lawsuits against these inspectors can go on for years. I wonder how long it would take the Quebec government to cut these inspectors loose to fend for themselves. Or better yet shut down the OQLF.
By the way I have not a visit from OQLF since then. Oh' one last comment. The reason why the OQLF would lose in court. In Canada the accused has the right to confront his accuser. Can't do that when the accuser is a anonymous phone call.
I heard the Federal government wants to build national zoo. It wouldn't cost too much because all they would have to do is build a fence around Quebec.
 
End of Facebook post.
In Quebec, if someone doesn't like you, they can apply for a court order to have you picked up by the Montreal Police and taken to a mental hospital.
 
The application will be granted in one day.
 
The judge in Quebec Court will take two to four minutes - in your absence - to grant a court order.
 
You will not be contacted. You will not know what is being done until the police come for you.
 
There will be no evidence against you. There will be no witnesses except your accuser. There will be no medical report.
 
The Montreal Police will come and get you the same day,
 
Do you doubt this?
 
See
THE PHYLLIS CARTER DETENTION
and
CONDEMNED IN ABSENTIA IN FOUR MINUTES
The Suburban Weekly, September, 2007.
 
PHYLLIS CARTER'S JOURNAL

No comments: