Wednesday, June 19, 2013

I REMEMBER QUEBEC PREMIER JEAN LESAGE

FACEBOOK
June 19, 2013
 
 
Pourtant c'était le but avec l'OQLF (!), qui est devenu xénophobie centrale dans plusieurs sens pour les non-francos qu QC:

The Office québécois de la langue française (OQLF) (English: Quebec Board of the French Language) is a public organization established on March 24, 1961 by the Liberal government of Jean Lesage. Attached to the Quebec ministry of Immigration and Cultural Communities, its initial mission, defined in its report of April 1, 1964 was "to align on international French, promote good Canadianisms and fight Anglicisms, [...] work on the normalization of the language in Québec and support State intervention to carry out a global language policy that would consider notably the importance of socio-economic motivations in making French the priority language in Québec."[2]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OQLF
 
 
en.wikipedia.org
The Office québécois de la langue française (OQLF) (English: Quebec Board of the... French Language) is a public organization established on March 24, 1961 by the Liberal government of Jean Lesage. Attached to the Quebec ministry of Immigration and Cultural Communities, its initial mission, defined in…
 
I remember Jean Lesage very well. I attended a convention of the Quebec Liberal Party at the Queen Elizabeth Hotel way back when.
 
At lunch time, my sister and I watched Mr. Lesage drink his lunch.
 
In the afternoon, Mr. Lesage spoke at length. One sentence was in English. We sat and listened.
 
When the speech was over, my sister and I approached the stage and I looked up and said to Jean Lesage, "I won't ask you to repeat your whole speech in English, Mr. Lesage, but tell me this - What you said, was that good for English speaking people too?"
 
Mr. Lesage's face became even redder. He started to lose his balance. He would certainly have fallen off the stage if my sister had not reached up with both her arms and caught him. He resumed his balance.
 
I don't remember what he said. But, yes. I remember Jean Lesage very well.
 

No comments: