Monday, December 30, 2013

MYSTICS, MEDIUMS AND MYTHS - WHERE ARE THOSE DEAR SPIRITS ? - THE NITTY GRITTY

 
 
People who appear on TV
Calling themselves "mediums",
Claim to communicate
With the spirits
Of our departed loved ones.
 
They say our dear ones
Are still with us,
All the time,
Looking out for us,
Guiding and protecting us.
 
Always with us?
I wish !
 
How I would love to see and hear
My darling Cliff,
My mother and my father,
My brother,
My Zaidies and my Bubbies.
 
But I never see them or hear them,
Though they are part of me,
Deep in the heart of me,
Day and night,
Night and day.
 
But tell me, you who see the spirits -
If they are with us all the time -
Are they with me
When I am in the bathroom?
 
I would find that very uncomfortable.
 
Years ago, after my darling husband died,
I was in the depths of hell,
Grieving.
 
There was a great gathering of "mediums"
At the hotel near the Montreal Airport.
 
I went to seek out a medium
Who could communicate with my beloved.
 
I stopped at every booth,
Asking,
"Do you know why I am here?"
 
Not one so-called "medium" had a clue.
 
Not one.
 

No comments: