Wednesday, January 8, 2014

A PERSON COULD DIE WAITING ON THE PHONE TO SPEAK TO A HUMAN BEING

 
Montreal, Quebec, Canada  - HEALTH CARE
 
I phoned at about noon. First I tried to reach my family physician at the community clinic.
 
I just got the answering machines.
 
Then I tried to reach my oncology nurse by phone. 
 
I just got the answering machine.
 
Then I tried 811, the Info Sante (health care) nurse.
 
I just got the answering machine.
 
Then I called the hospital oncology department and told the nurse who answered that I am having a pressing problem and I just need to talk to my oncology nurse - or to "someone".
 
She told me that my nurse is in the hospital and she would have her paged.
 
I left my phone line open for more than an hour and a half. And nothing.
 
A person could die waiting to talk to a human being.
 
No. I did not call 911. I don't need police or firefighters or an ambulance. I just need to talk to someone about a pressing health problem.
 
Meanwhile, I am treating myself by sharing these facts with anyone and everyone experiencing this difficult problem.
 
Press this button. Press that button. Just hold. Leave a message ....
 
Oh my gosh! I don't know why she didn't call for help.
 
 

No comments: