Thursday, December 18, 2014

YOUR GOD IS TOO LIMITED - YOU MAY CHOOSE TO WALK IN THE DARK BUT I WON'T JOIN YOU THERE



"I believe for every drop of rain that falls, a flower grows. 
I believe that somewhere in the darkest night, a candle glows." 


I don't believe in a god with a white beard sitting on a cloud, writing about our sins with a feather quill. Why would God pluck feathers from a poor bird? But that is the sort of god most people believe in.

I believe in a Creator-Sustainer who plays with galaxies and black holes and endless universes, and nano things that don't obey the laws of nature we know. 

The Holy Books can teach us a lot about ancient history and moral values - except for slavery and stoning. 

But whoever created us and continues developing us provided really yucky-looking brains that keep developing little squiggly things that keep talking to each other and growing. And we keep on learning. 

While fools hang on to ancient knowledge, those using their marvelous brains keep searching for more and more truth. Revelation ! 

Our whole bodies are factories to sustain and support our brains - Shades of Star Trek ! (Gene Rodenberry was a visionary scientist !)

I reject dogma. I hope for Good News about a God who is showing us the way.... little by little, as one teaches a child. 

There are scientists today whose skill and knowledge boggles the mind. They take my breath away. Quantum mechanics is revealing Creation in ways that most of us can never understand.

 And it is because I realize there is so much I can never understand that I believe there is a REAL GOD. 

My only question is - Does God care about these infinitely tiny sparks of light called human beings? 

Does praying make any difference?

Phyllis Carter

No comments: