Tuesday, June 16, 2015

IN IRAN A MAN GOES TO PRISON FOR SHAKING A WOMAN'S HAND - MY DILEMMA IN A CANCER WAITING ROOM


IN IRAN, YOU GO TO PRISON 
FOR SHAKING HANDS WITH A FEMALE
WOMEN'S HANDS ARE SO SEXY, 
SO PASSIONATELY FILTHY, 
THAT THEY DRIVE IRANIAN MEN WILD. 

Orthodox Jews suffer from the same insanity. An Orthodox Jewish man must not touch the hand of a woman not his wife unless there is a hankerchief between them. Darn those filthy, oversexed women.

Yesterday, in the cancer waiting room, I found myself sitting in my wheelchair beside a Hassidic man reading a Hebrew prayer book. 

There we were, just the two of us left in that large room. I almost always chat with people in the waiting room. But I sat there, a foot away from him, and pondered, "Do I dare speak a word to him? Would that create a stir? 

Upset him? Offend him? Embarass him? What might he say? 

Would he just ignore me? Would he reproach me?

Would he get up and walk away? Would he go to wash his hands? 

I couldn't quite get up the gumption to speak. That's what religious mishigass (insanity) can do to normal relations between people. 

At least I was sure of one thing, I would not be stoned to death or go to prison if I had spoken to a religious Jew in the cancer waiting room in Canada.

Phyllis Carter

Israel News |     
Iran imprisons attorney for shaking hands with his female client -     

JerusalemOnline    
Jun 14, 2015 -     
Mohammed Moghini, the lawyer representing Atena Faraghdani, the Iranian cartoonist who was sentenced to 12.5 years..  .   

JERUSALEMONLINE.COM   |BY AVRAHAM

No comments: