Tuesday, July 12, 2016

THESE CRIMES COMMITTED BY THE MONTREAL POLICE WERE NOT ABOUT RACE

Phyllis Carter
FACEBOOK

THE CRIMES COMMITTED BY MONTREAL POLICE AGAINST ME AND MY FAMILY HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH RACE. I WAS 60 YEARS OLD AND SUFFERING FROM CANCER WHEN I CALLED 911 FOR HELP BECAUSE I WAS BEING ATTACKED AND ROBBED IN MY HOME AT 4995 PRINCE OF WALES, NDG, MONTREAL. THE POLICE WHO RESPONDED TO MY CALL HELPED THE THIEF AND TOOK ME OUT OF MY HOME, LEAVING EVERY PRECIOUS THING I HAD IN THE HANDS OF THE THIEF, DAWN MCSWEENEY, INCLUDING THE LIVES OF MY AGED PARENTS.
It is not only young members of minority communities that suffer abuse at the hands of the Montreal Police. On October 7, 1996, I was sixty years old, living with my elderly parents while fighting breast cancer when I was attacked and robbed.
The Montreal Police officer "helped" me out of my home, physically - by my arm - and left me out in the street alone and destitute without as much as a coat. In front of my assailant he warned me that I must never return to the house and I could not take any of my belongings with me.
More than 262,000 people around the world have read my reports, but there is still no justice for VICTIMS OF THE MONTREAL POLICE.

No comments: