Monday, February 20, 2017

THE HOPE OF THE WORLD RESTS IN THE MORAL COURAGE OF THE FEW - RESIST EVIL

Michael Moore shared a Page.
GOOD NEWS FRIENDS! I've promised you a one-stop site, a clearinghouse of all actions -- a RESISTANCE CALENDAR -- where you can find EVERY upcoming action, protest, march, sit-in, town hall, anti-Trump, pro-democracy event in all 50 states! A site where YOU can post your own action so all can see it. A place where you can quickly go and check it daily, ensuring that you don't miss any event in your area to stop the Trump madness.
So, right now, I and a team of graphic designers are launching the RESISTANCE CALENDAR!
Here's the link: resistancecalendar.org
In addition to you finding events in your area, we want you to be able to post any local actions you're aware of. So much is happening so fast it's hard to keep track of all the actions popping up -- but our intention is to do just that. Every day. A 24/7 clearinghouse of the already MASSIVE resistance to Trump, to the Republican Congress, and, yes, to many of the spineless Democratic politicians out there. We welcome all resisters across the movement to use this tool. It's completely free. There's no big "funder" or group behind it. There will be no ads, no commercialization, no fundraising lists -- all the stuff we hate. Just you, me, the volunteers donating their time to keep it going and the World Wide Web. BOOM!
Follow the Resistance Calendar on Facebook at: facebook.com/resistancecalendar
Follow Resistance Calendar on Twitter at @ResistCalendar
Go to our site at www.resistancecalendar.org
When you go on Resistance Calendar, go to the search box and type in your city or state to find events near you. You can also type in keywords to find actions around issues in which you share a concern. Or you can just scroll down and see every upcoming event across the country in chronological order. In the other box you can add events happening in your area. Our team carefully curates the listings to guarantee accuracy.
A note of explanation: As we are still building this site, we will be constantly upgrading it. For instance, it's going to have a killer map of the US and a big desk-style calendar where you can just click on any day and see what's happening with the movement across America. We'll have better and easier filters and other goodies. But for now, I wanted to get this up and let millions know what's going on in their area.
Many large cities like New York, Seattle and Portland have excellent independent calendars online. My goal has been to have one all-encompassing national calendar covering even the smallest towns and villages. This calendar isn't meant to replace anything out there that is doing great work, just add to it! A lot of you have asked me to put something like this together, so consider this as a simple contribution to the movement. It is crowdsourced, vetted and belongs to everyone. Let us know if you want to be part of the volunteer tech and curation team!
I sincerely hope this is a huge help and that all of you use it! Sign up on Facebook and Twitter now -- and please tell your friends about it. Take a moment to add all the local events you know of. And remember -- All hands on deck! It's the only way we're going to beat him and lessen the damage he's doing. Our goal is his removal from office -- and the defeat of any politician who isn't with us. WE ARE THE MAJORITY.
Twitter: @ResistCalendar
PLEASE SHARE! AND RESIST!
Political Organization
Resistance Calendar's photo.
Angela 'Hildebrandt' Lutman This is where I stand. I believe that our 45th President, his Cabinet, his administration, and the majority of Republicans in Congress are a real and active threat to me, my family, our democracy, and to all the people of this nation.
Some people are saying that we should give Trump a chance, that we should "work together" because he won the election and he is "everyone's president."

This is my reasoned response:

•I will not forget how badly he and so many others treated former President Barack Obama for 8 years.
•I will not "work together" to privatize Medicare, cut Social Security and Medicaid.
•I will not "work together" to build a wall.
•I will not "work together" to persecute Muslims.
•I will not "work together" to shut out refugees from other countries.
•I will not "work together" to lower taxes on the 1% and increase taxes on the middle class and poor.
•I will not "work together" to help Trump use the Presidency to line his pockets and those of his family and cronies.
•I will not "work together" to weaken and demolish environmental protection.
•I will not "work together" to sell American lands, especially National Parks, to companies which then despoil those lands.
•I will not "work together" to enable the killing of whole species of animals just because they are predators, or inconvenient for a few, or because some people want to get their thrills killing them (including Trump's sons)
•I will not "work together" to remove any person's civil rights.
•I will not "work together" to alienate countries that have been our allies for as long as I have been alive.
•I will not "work together" to slash funding for education.
•I will not "work together" to take basic assistance from people who are at the bottom of the socioeconomic ladder.
•I will not "work together" to get rid of common sense regulations on guns.
•I will not "work together" to eliminate the minimum wage.
•I will not "work together" to support so-called "Right To Work" laws, or undermine, weaken or destroy Unions in any way.
•I will not "work together" to suppress scientific research, be it on climate change, fracking, or any other issue where a majority of scientists agree that Trump and his supporters are wrong on the facts.
•I will not "work together" to criminalize abortion or restrict health care for women.
•I will not "work together" to increase the number of nations that have nuclear weapons.
•I will not "work together" to put even more "big money" into politics.
•I will not "work together" to violate the Geneva Convention.
•I will not "work together" to give the Ku Klux Klan, the Nazi Party and white supremacists a seat at the table, or to normalize their hatred.
•I will not "work together" to deny health care to people who need it.
•I will not "work together" to deny medical coverage to people on the basis of a "pre-existing condition."
•I will not "work together" to increase voter suppression.
•I will not "work together" to normalize tyranny.
•I will not "work together" to support more proliferation of guns in our society.
•I will not "work together" to eliminate or reduce ethical oversight at any level of government.
•I will not "work together" with anyone that thinks its OK to put a pipeline to transport oil on Sacred Ground for Native Americans.
•I will not "work together" with any proposed legislation that threatens marriage equality for all.
•I will not "work together" with anything or anyone that threatens the rights of LGBTQ individuals in any way.
•And I most certainly will not "work together" to cover up and ignore the scandals, criminal activity, lies, and deceit that is running wild like a deadly virus in the Trump White House.
This is my line, and I am drawing it.
•I will stand for honesty, love, respect for all living beings, and for the beating heart that is the center of Life itself.
•I will use my voice and my hands, to reach out to the uninformed, and to anyone who will LISTEN:
That "winning", "being great again", "rich" or even "beautiful" is nothing when others are sacrificed in the process.

If you agree feel free to copy and re-post (this results in larger numbers of people seeing a post), and if you want, sign your name below ours. Also, if we have left anything out, feel free to add it to this list.

Signed:

Mary Susan Vaughn
Patricia Rollins Trosclair
Andrea Dora Zysk
George Georgakis
John Christopher
John Bowles
Patrick St.Louis
Carla Patrick
Darnell Bender
Vickie Davis
JMichael Carter
Janice Frazier-Scott
Rev. ELaura James Reid
Jeanette Bouknight
Rev. Dollie Howell Pankey
Gerald Butler
Carolyn McDougle
Vaughn Chatman
Adrienne Brown
Gary Trousdale
Steven E Gordon
Isis Nocturne
Debi Murray
Maureen O. Betita
Mona Enderli
Fernie James Tamblin
Myrna Dodgion
Alan Locklear
Tom Wilmore
Jackie Evans
Donna Endres
Lora Fountain
Roberta Gregory
Heather A Mayhew
Stevo Wehr
Nathan Stivers
Jen RaLee
Joan Holden
Leigh Lutz
Deborah Kirkpatrick
Linda Levy
Tom Rue
Nancy Hoffmann-Allison
Beejay McCabe
Michael James Myers
Edward T. Spire
Rupert Chapman
Dawn R. Dunbar
Robin Wilson
Monique Boutot
Laura Brown 💪🏼
Susan Aptaker
Steve Katz
Bonnie Wolk
Risa Guttman-Kornwitz
Angela Gora
Butch Norman
Sharon Tolman
Sue Zislis
Maurice Hirsch
Satch Dobrey
Jim Krapf
Don Starwalt
Deb Johansen
Daniel Anderson
Diane Kenney
Rebecca Koop
Nancy Shuert
Bill Pryor
Patrick Lamb
Bob Travaglione
Margaret Ragan
Martha Peters
Steve Wilson
Lauren Sullivan
Scott Bevan
Roger Saunden
Mary V. Buck
Murray Miller
Timothy Hillman
Todd Christensen
Kristi Frankenheimer
Briana Burke
John Feinstein
Warren A. Hollier
Linda Lane-White
Lori Melena
Rene Crow
Kathleen Morgan
Jeff Whitmill
Caroline E. Kathleen Jones
Kelvie Cureton Comer
Stew Jenkins
Valerie Morgan
Robert Morgan
Cameron Morgan
Owen Morgan
Audrey Debije Papcun
Dr. Ryan James
David Korkoian
Luz Luz Marina Gonzalez
Angela 'Hildebrandt' Lutman

No comments: