Saturday, November 18, 2017

ME TOO. IT WASN'T RAPE, BUT ...


SO MANY WOMEN ARE COMING FORWARD TO REPORT RAPE. MY CASE ISN'T RAPE, BUT THE ABUSE I EXPERIENCED STILL COMES BACK TO ME FROM TIME TO TIME, AND IT STILL BOTHERS ME.

I WAS A PATIENT OF DR.STEPHEN JACOBSON, UROLOGIST, AT THE JEWISH GENERAL HOSPITAL IN MONTREAL OVER A PERIOD OF YEARS.

IT WAS ALWAYS ORDINARY. INFECTIONS THAT HAPPEN FROM TIME TO TIME. THE EXAMINATIONS WERE ALWAYS A DIFFICULT EXPERIENCE FOR ME - AS I AM QUITE SURE THEY ARE FOR MOST WOMEN - BUT, ON THIS OCCASION, SOMETHING WAS VERY WRONG.

THERE I WAS, LAID OUT IN THAT MOST EMBARRASSING OF POSITIONS WHEN, SUDDENLY, WITH NO WARNING AT ALL, I WAS SURROUNDED BY A GROUP OF ASPIRING DOCTORS.

DR. JACOBSON HAD INVITED HIS STUDENTS IN FOR THE INSPECTION OF MY PRIVATE PARTS WITHOUT EVER ASKING MY PERMISSION. 

NO ONE BUT DR. JACOBSON TOUCHED ME. THERE WAS NO INAPPROPRIATE ACT. BUT THE MEMORY OF THAT GROUP OF DOCTORS LOOKING INTO MY PRIVATE PARTS STILL MAKES ME ANGRY. AND NOW THAT WOMEN ARE SPEAKING OUT, ADD MY NAME - ME TOO.

1 comment:

Phyllis Carter said...

THIS COMMENT FOUND ONLINE:

Dr. Jacobson recently came up in a discussion with one of my clients. She was referred to him for a problem. I told her to run as fast as she can. Dr. Jacobson operated on me 15 years ago to remove a cyst on the EXTERIOR part of my urethra. He told me is was a very simple procedure. When I came to from the anesthesia I was complaining of pain IN my abdomen. He dismissed it told me it was nothing. He also sent me home with a catheter and explained how he had to "cut" a little more than he thought. Throughout the healing phase I had constant pain in my abdomen. When I went for for 6 week post op check I told him my concerns about the pain and also that I had a brownish discharge which I never had before. He told me that "I should take better care of keeping it clean down there"!!!!! 2 weeks after that I had experienced severe abdominal pain that felt like birthing contractions. I ran to the bathroom and literally expelled a ball of gauze.!!!! I immediately called him he wasn't available. I went to the hospital they did a fully ultrasound to make sure nothing else was inside and the doctor told me that I was lucky to be alive. We I finally did reach Dr. Jacobson he brushed it off and told me that it happens all the time and it was nothing. I was shocked to hear that he is still practicing and after reading the comments I felt I had to write something. I have been in the medical industry for 25 years and he is probably one of the worst dr I have ever encountered. Truly unprofessional and totally incapable to be holding a scalpel in his hand along with his staff!!!!

https://www.ratemds.com/doctor-ratings/44849/Dr-S.-Jacobson-Montreal-QC.html