Wednesday, May 2, 2018

OEUIL VISION - OPTICIANS BUSINESS - JEWISH GENERAL HOSPITAL, MONTREAL


Once they have your money, do not expect to be treated properly.

In April, I went to Oeuil Vision to have eye glasses made. At first, I was impressed by the careful attention to detail by the eye doctor. The examination was thorough and patient and he answered my questions clearly.

I paid half of the almost $500. bill for two pairs of lenses and $30. for the doctor to fill out the government form for the renewal of my driver's license. I provided my own frames.

When I returned on May 1st to pick up my glasses, I had an appointment for 11:00 a.m. I waited patiently in my wheelchair outside the store.

A tall man wearing a skull cap invited me into the store where I was seated and he began his spiel. He could not speak a sentence in English. Clearly his language of choice is French. What words he could utter sounded rehearsed like a Fuller Brush Man's advertisement. I am under the impression that no one would hire such a clerk, and therefore I expect he must be one of the owners of the store.

He placed my glasses in front of me along with a card advertising NIKON products. He plunked down a small bottle of liquid eye glass cleanser beside me - like some sort of "bonus". And then he just walked away and started serving people who were coming into the store. He just ignored me while chatting with the newcomers until I asked aloud, "Why am I sitting here?"

Finally he came back to me, tried the two sets of glasses rapidly and superficially. He asked me to read from the card. There was no attempt to see if the glasses fit me comfortably. When I said the view with the reading glasses seemed blurry, he told me I would get used to them and if I was not satisfied to bring them back.

I paid the remainder of the bill and walked out leaving the "gift" cleanser for the next customer who was virtually breathing down my neck.

At Oeuil Vision, do not expect to be treated well once they have your money.

If the reading glasses are not satisfactory, you will be hearing from me.

No comments: